RadSnap for Radiolopolis is finally out!
RadSnap makes it baby-easy to take quick snapshots directly from your workstation and send them as cases to Radiolopolis for either teaching or to ask others for their opinion. RadSnap has been by the way accepted for presentation at the RSNA meeting 2012!
You can download the file at http://www.radiolopolis.com/partners/radsnap/RadSnap-Radiolopolis.zip
Although this is still considered beta version (since many other great features will be added), it's basic functionality has been tested and works fine.
Quickly explained how it works:
- Download the zip file.
- Unzip the file to wherever you want.
- Double click on the "RadSnap-Radiolopolis.exe" file and the program starts immediately - NO plugin or installation needed!
- You might get a warning window (click on "Run").
- You have three choices how to take a screenshot - take a full screen of your desktop, take just a selected window or draw your own frame on the desktop.
- You can assign specific keyboard shortcuts (Hot Keys) for each functionality. You can assign these in the "Options" tab.
- When you hit your desired Hot Key, you will see that screenshot in the preview window. I highly recommend to de-identify your study BEFORE taking the screenshot. However you can also manually de-identify the screenshot by clicking the "De-Identify" button. Just follow the commands...
- When you are done with your image part, just enter the appropriate text information on the left side.
- Just add your login credentials and click the "Submit" button.
- THAT'S IT!
You can also check the box "Ask colleagues for their opinion". This will automatically assign your case to the group "HELP!!! Case consultations - ask the Radiology professionals", so that people know you need some professional opinion.
- The great thing with this program is that you can place it on your computer or even keep it on your Flash drive and take it wherever you need it!
- NO plugin or installation is necessary!
- Immediate upload of your case without need to export, image edit and other long preparations!
Feel free to tell your colleagues about it!
I would also highly apreciate if you would tell your experience about this program and give suggestions to improve it.
(Radiolopolis Terms & Conditions apply for using RadSnap for Radiolopolis)