Department of Radiology
Post Graduate Medical Institute
Hayatabad Medical Complex, Peshawar
Name : TAHIRA NISHTAR
Father Name : Dr. TARIQ NISHTAR
Date of Birth : 17th Jan 1970
Marital status : Married
Nationality : Pakistani
Domicile : Peshawar
Address : 97 Defence Officers Colony, Khyber Road
Email : [email protected]
M.B.B.S : 1993 KMC, University Of Peshawar
FCPS : 2005 College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan
Gold Medal : Medicine
: 4th in Final Professional M.B.B.S
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Job Title : Assistant Professor
Department : Dept of Radiology, PGMI, HMC Peshawar
Duration : Oct 2008 - till Date
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Senior Registrar : Department of Radiology, PGMI,HMC Peshawar
May 2006 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Oct 2008
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ WMO : Department of Radiology, PGMI, HMC Peshawar
Duration : Feb 2006 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ May 2006
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ WMO : LRH, PGMI Peshawar
Duration : August 2004 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 5 January 2006
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Incharge : Deptt of Radiology, Rehman Medical Institute
Duration : April 2003 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ July 2004
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ T.M.O : Deptt of Radiology PGMI, HMC
Duration : March 1999 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ March 2003
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ WMO : Deptt of Radiology KTH Peshawar
Duration : May 1998 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ March 1999
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ WMO : Deptt of Radiology PGMI, HMC
Duration : Dec 1997 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ May 1998
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ WMO : MCH centre rural Academy (Periphery)
Duration : Dec 1996 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Dec 1997
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ WMO : Medical A ward LRH
SHS (School Health Services)
Duration : Dec 1995 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Dec 1996
1. Presented a paper at 9th International Radiological Conference + 4th International Biennial Oncology and Nuclear Medicine Conference. (7th Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 9th Dec 2007).
2. Presented a paper at 18th Biennial Congress of ATCSA from 26th Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 28th Nov 2007 at Bali Indonesia.
3. Presented a paper at 4th Biennial International Conference on Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery Rawalpindi Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Pakistan 16th Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 19th Dec 2002.
1. Schizencephaly - Presenting As Seizure Disorder. Journal of Postgraduate Medical Institute. Vol. 22 No. 04 October Ã¢â‚¬â€œ December 2008.
2. Wandering Spleen with Torsion and Resultant infarction : A Case Report. Vol. 22 No. 02 April Ã¢â‚¬â€œ June 2008.
3. Role of CT in Mediastinal Masses. Pakistan Journal of Radiology. Vol. 14, No 1, 2003.
4. Use of CT Thorac & upper Abdomen for pre-operative staging of Carcinoma Esophagus, Peshawar Experience of 359 cases, PJCTS vol 5, No 1>4 2006.
5. Surgical Management of Pulmonary Aspergillioma Peshawar experience of 45 patients. Pakistan Journal of Chest Medicine. Vol 11, No 4, 2005.
6. Six months follow-up study of two hundred cases of Trans Thoracic Oesophagectomies. Journal of Post Graduate Medical Institute. Vol 19, No 4, 2005.
7. Management of Empyema Thoracis, Peshawar experience of 450 patients, Annals of King Edwards Medical College, vol 11, No 4, 2005.
8. Diaphragmatic injuries, A retrospective analysis of 50 patients. Annals of King Edwards Medical College, vol 11, No 4, 2005.
9. Esophagectomy for Carcinoma Esophagus Peshawar experience of 270 cases in 4 years, Annals of King Edwards Medical College, vol 12, issue 4, 2006.
10. Determinants of success of Decortication Escalapio, vol 2, issue 1, April Ã¢â‚¬â€œ June 2006.
11. Two years Audit of Geriartic Thoracic Surgery at Cardiovascular Dept at Peshawar. Pakistan Journal of chest Medicine 2006.
12. Surgical Management of Pericardial Disease, Annals of King Edwards Medical College, vol 12, No 2, April Ã¢â‚¬â€œ June 2006.
13. Management of patients with Esophageal Atresia with or without Tracheoesophageal Fistula, a 7 Years Experience Annals of King Edward Medical College Vol. 11. No. 4, Oct Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Dec 2005.